Monday, May 16, 2005

"Angels for Sale!"


Field Ops
Originally uploaded by deglinkta.
Another typical day at the Field Ops booth in the New Orleans French Market.

"I think that's obnoxious!"

"What part in particular, ma'm?" (knowing full well she'd never read a single line)

"Just the image, and...and the name- Scam Bible!"

Field Ops Booth

It was the Devil that got under her skin. She'd felt his icy touch aeons ago, and now mistook the Pump Handle for her long lost Prince of Darkness. There is an eerie similarity if you buy into that rubbish, but no dice. Pumpy's just a street smart working boy with bills to pay like everybody else.

"Well, I think it's obnoxious to hear your Benny Hinn tell people he'll to send an angel to their door for a couple of hundred bucks. At least I deliver on my promise, and for a lot cheaper. Can I sign a copy for you?"

I actually appreciated the frank response for a change. Most of these southern-fried biblebumpkins can barely articulate a dirty look. For a split second, the old bird made me feel like Jerry Springer- sweet success!

In truth, I'll bet Jesus himself would laugh at the waiter's hilarious bag of tricks. You don't make it through that kind of trial and tribulation without a damn good sense of humor.
Buy it now at AMAZON.COM
  • Buy it now at SCAMBIBLE.COM
  • The Scam Bible